All returning and incoming athletes must have completed the Athletic Clearance process before they can participate in any summer and/or school-year sports activities.
The Athletic Clearance is valid for one year and must be repeated on an annual basis. Failure to renew the Athletic Clearance prior to summer will result in the student not being able to participate in any summer and/or school-year activities at Quartz Hill High School. Participation is only allowed after the Athletic Clearance has been approved by the Athletic Office.
The Athletic Clearance process has changed this year. All students will process their clearance online at: www.AthleticClearance.com
Select: school year
Select: Quartz Hill High School (CIF-SS)
Follow the directions on this form below:
AVUHSD ONLINE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PROCESS STEP BY STEP
Physicals must be on file before a student will be allowed to go out for a sport. A current physical is required for each school year and is valid for one calendar year from the date it was signed by the doctor. All medical information will be kept confidential according to HIPPA regulations.
Please pick up the Physical Form from the QHHS Athletics Office and take it to your personal physician.
Follow the directions on this form below:
AVUHSD Physical Form
Once complete, bring the form to the QHHS Athletic Office.
Do not give the Physical Form to the coach.
If you have any questions, please contact the Quartz Hill Athletic Department at:
661-718-3100 ext. 163.
AVUHSD ONLINE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PROCESS
Starting in the 2017-2018 school year the Antelope Valley Union High School District will be using an online athletic clearance process. This will increase the efficiency of the clearance process, decrease paper waste, and greatly help all athletic staff members and coaches. The only paper that needs to be turned in is the physical paper that is signed by a doctor. Step by step instructions for completing the online process with screen shots matching each step are listed below. If you have any questions contact your school’s athletic secretary or athletic director. You will need your physical document, insurance information, and student present in order to complete the process.
Screen by Screen Instructions:
- Go to www.athleticclearance.com and click on “Register”.
- Fill in required information. Click Submit when finished.*Be sure to remember your username and password for future use.
- Enter given code. Click submit.
- Click on “Start Clearances Here”.
- Select school year as 2017-2018. Select your high school. Select sport. Click submit when finished.
- Enter all required information. Click save when finished.*Do not upload any documents, just turn in physical document to athletics office.
- Answer all yes or no questions. If answer is yes to any question, type a brief description of the issue. Click save when finished.
- Enter required info. Click submit when finished.
- Read boxes and add all signatures for guardian and student. Click submit when finished.
- Once you reach the confirmation screen the online clearance process is complete. Now you just need to turn in the physical document, signed by a doctor, to the athletic office. A confirmation email will be sent to you once it is approved and the student is fully clear.
In order to participate in any sport, the student must meet the following requirements:
- 2.0 grade point average each quarter and semester grading period
- Maintain minimum progress toward graduation
- Maintain acceptable citizenship
California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Requirements:
- May not have reached his/her 19th birthday prior to June 15th of the current school year.
- Have attended high school not more than eight semesters.
- Have passed with at least a “C” (2.0) average 20 credits of work for the prior grading period of which only 5 credits may be Physical Education; be passing in 20 credits of new work for the current grading period.
- Have met residential requirements. Transferring from one school to another may affect your eligibility under the CIF Southern Section rules.
- Not compete on any outside team in the same or any other sport during the season of any sport.
- Pass a physical examination within the previous 12 months
- Be covered by or obtain athletic injury insurance. California Education Code Sec. 32221 requires every athletic team member to have accidental body injury insurance of at least $1,500 medical and hospital benefits. Make sure to include the name of the insurance company and policy number on the website.
- Parents: If you change insurance during the school year, it is your responsibility to provide the school site with your new insurance information. Please log back in to: www.athleticclearance.com and update this information. Make sure the secretary of athletics has this information on file.
Important: If a student athlete has ever played a sport at another HIGH school, they must fill out the Parents Worksheet for CIF and give it to the Athletic Secretary.